Day 8: Animations and UI
Development time: 1.5 hours (plus ~30 minutes saved by copying the volume slider code)
I didn't think the ship should explode when it ran out of energy, so I created a new "out of energy" sound effect using BFXR and cleaned it up in Audacity. I coded a new function to handle running out of energy, and played the sound effect along with a new ship spinning animation. I think it gives the player a better clue that the ship didn't collide with anything.
I removed the text showing how many ships were remaining and instead added a new function that would draw the number of ships left minus one (because the one at the bottom of the screen that's currently in play counts as a life).
I added a settings screen so the user can control the volumes of both the background music and the sound effects. The code for the volume controls was taken from a tutorial that I wrote a few years ago that's still relevant: http://prairiewest.net/blog/2014/08/corona-sdk-volume-sliders/
Next: Day 9
Get Asteroid Blasteroid
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.